sorry guys, I tried that in the CL...still get the same results...if it
helps, here's my source...the hssf_h & HSSF binding direcotry is the stuff
that Scott Klement put in a few Club Tech newsletters for
iSeriesNetwork.com...http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/noderesources/code/clubtechcode/ExcelCrtDemo.zip

JPTESTC2 - CLP
PGM
CHGCURDIR  DIR('/')
ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) +
             VALUE('.:QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext/poi-2.5.+
             1-final-20040804.jar') REPLACE(*YES)
CALL       PGM(JPTEST2)
ENDPGM

JPTEST2 - RPGLE
h dftactgrp(*no) bnddir('HSSF') thread(*serialize)
h option(*srcstmt:*nodebugio:*noshowcpy) bnddir('QC2LE')
 /copy qsysinc/qrpglesrc,jni
 /copy qrpglesrc,hssf_h
 //---------------------------------------------
 // Data Structures
 //---------------------------------------------
d                 ds
dmonthsshort                    48a   Inz('Jan +
d                                          Feb +
d                                          Mar +
d                                          Apr +
d                                          May +
d                                          Jun +
d                                          Jul +
d                                          Aug +
d                                          Sep +
d                                          Oct +
d                                          Nov +
d                                          Dec ')
dmonthshort                      4a   dim(12) overlay(monthsshort)
d                 ds
d year4                   1      4  0
d year2a                         2a   overlay(year4:3)
 //---------------------------------------------------------------
 // Standalones & Constants
 //---------------------------------------------------------------
d book            s                   like(HSSFWorkbook)
d spreadsheet     s                   like(HSSFSheet)
d enddate         s               d
d endday          s              2p 0
d dayname2        s              6a   varying
d attachment      s             50a
 // Mainline
 /free
  enddate = %date() - %days(1);
  endday = %subdt(enddate:*days);
  year4 = %subdt(enddate:*years);
  hssf_begin_object_group(100);
  attachment = '/home/scessna/excel/' +
               %trim(monthshort(%subdt(enddate:*months))) +
               %trim(year2a) + 'DailyLaborHours2.xls';
  dayname2 = %trim(monthshort(%subdt(enddate:*months))) + ' ' +
             %char(endday);
  monitor;
    book = hssf_open(%trim(attachment));    <-- this never gets found &
jumps to the on-error
    monitor;
      spreadsheet = hssf_getSheet(book:%trim(dayname2));
      if spreadsheet = *null;
        spreadsheet = HSSF_newSheet(book:%trim(dayname2));
      endif;
    on-error;
      spreadsheet = HSSF_newSheet(book:%trim(dayname2));
    endmon;
  on-error;
    book = new_HSSFWorkbook();                            <-- here is
where it jumps to...
    spreadsheet = HSSF_newSheet(book:%trim(dayname2));
  endmon;
  HSSF_save(book:%trim(attachment));
  hssf_end_object_group();
  *inlr = *on;
 /end-free

if you guys can find anything wrong with my code, please let me
know...thanks again...

Shane

Hi,

here is what I do in a CL before I call the RPGLE (with
Jakarta POI):

CHGCURDIR  DIR('/jakartapoi')
ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) +
VALUE('.:/jakartapoi:/jakartapoi/jakartapoi151.jar') +
             REPLACE(*YES)

Regards,
Magne