Hey all,

I'm new to this list, so if this is a dumb question, forgive me...

Would there be any reason why the following code would work interactively
in an RPGLE program and not in a batch program?

D hssf_open       PR                  like(HSSFWorkbook)
D   peFilename                1024A   const varying
D IFSfilename      s                   50a
IFSfilename = '/home/scessna/excel/May05DailyLaborHours2.xls';
book = hssf_open(IFSfilename);
(in a service program)
P hssf_open       B                   EXPORT
D hssf_open       PI                  like(HSSFWorkbook)
D   peFilename                1024A   const varying
D jFileInputStream...
D                 S               O   CLASS(*JAVA
D                                     : 'java.io.FileInputStream')
D jInputStream...
D                 S               O   CLASS(*JAVA
D                                     : 'java.io.InputStream')
D POIFSFilesystem...
D                 S               O   CLASS(*JAVA
D                                     : 'org.apache.poi.poifs-
D                                     .filesystem.POIFSFileSystem')
D new_FileInputStream...
D                 pr              O   extproc(*JAVA
D                                     :'java.io.FileInputStream'
D                                     : *CONSTRUCTOR)
D  filename                           like(jString) const
D new_POIFSFileSystem...
D                 pr              O   extproc(*JAVA
D                                     :'org.apache.poi.poifs-
D                                     .filesystem.POIFSFileSystem'
D                                     : *CONSTRUCTOR)
D  stream                             like(jInputStream)
D new_HSSFWorkbookFromPOIFS...
D                 PR                  like(HSSFWorkbook)
D                                     ExtProc(*JAVA:
D                                     'org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel-
D                                     .HSSFWorkbook':
D                                     *CONSTRUCTOR)
D  poifs                              like(POIFSFileSystem)
D closeFile       PR                  EXTPROC(*JAVA
D                                     :'java.io.FileInputStream'
D                                     :'close')
D wwStr           s                   like(jString)
D wwFile          s                   like(jFileInputStream)
D wwPOIFS         s                   like(POIFSFileSystem)
D wwBook          s                   like(HSSFWorkbook)

 /free
    wwStr   = new_String(peFilename);
    wwFile  = new_FileInputStream(wwStr);
    wwPOIFS = new_POIFSFileSystem(wwFile);
    wwBook  = new_HSSFWorkbookFromPOIFS(wwPOIFS);
    closeFile(wwFile);
    hssf_freeLocalRef(wwPOIFS);
    hssf_freeLocalRef(wwFile);
    hssf_freeLocalRef(wwStr);
    return wwBook;
 /end-free
P                 E

The file I'm looking for is found when I run this interactively, but not
in batch...file is "/home/scessna/excel/May05DailyLaborHours2.xls"

Initially, I thought that maybe when a job is submitted to batch, it has a
default current directory...I tried calling a CL that changed the
submitted jobs current directory, then calling my program, but that didn't
work either...is this a bug in the HSSF routines or am I just overlooking
something.

Thanks.

Shane