What OS?

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Anand, Rajesh
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:59 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: NullPointer Error

        Hi Folks,

        Here is the copy of my code. Can anybody help, I'm getting Null
Pointer Error as below...

        This is the command that I ran.....

         java -Djava.version=1.2 -classpath
.:/java/jt400.jar:/java/xml/jdom-1.0/build/jdom.jar:/java/xml/jdom-contr
ib-1.0/build/jdom-contrib.jar  createFsaxml 1 1

        import java.io.*;
        import java.sql.*;
        import java.text.*;
        import java.util.*;

        import org.jdom.output.*;
        import org.jdom.input.*;
        import org.jdom.*;
        import org.jdom.transform.*;
        import org.jdom.contrib.input.*;
        import com.ibm.as400.access.*;

        public class createFsaxml
        {
        Element elcct = null;
        Element elpt = null;
        ResultSet rs = null;
        Document doc = null;
        PrintWriter pw = null;
        Element rootelem = null;

        public createFsaxml(){

        try{
        // register driver

        DriverManager.registerDriver(new
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());

        Connection c =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://mldev400/SPANAND");

        Statement stmt = c.createStatement();

        ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("Select * from GMISFAF1");

        createxml();
        c.close();
             } catch(SQLException e){
                                System.out.println(e);

        public void createxml(){

        Document doc = new Document();

        Element rootelem = new Element("FSArootElement");

        doc.setRootElement(rootelem);

        try{

        PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/java/demo/fsa.xml")));

        while (rs.next()){
        Element elcct = new Element("CurrencyCodeType");
        elcct.addContent(rs.getString(12).trim());
//
        Element elpt = new Element("PriceType");
        elpt.addContent(rs.getString(13).trim());
//
                         }
//
        rootelem.addContent(elcct);
        rootelem.addContent(elpt);
//

        XMLOutputter outputter = new XMLOutputter();
        outputter.output(rootelem, pw);
        pw.flush();
        pw.close();
        }catch(IOException e){
                System.out.println(e);
                                }
        catch(SQLException e){
                System.out.println(e);

        public static void main(String[] args){

        String sfile = args[0];

        String spath = args[1];

        if (args.length != 2){

        // report errors

        System.out.println("Error! ");
        System.out.println("Pls enter location of the schema");
        return;
        }
        createFsaxml cxml = new createFsaxml();

        System.exit(1);

        ERROR.....

        java.lang.NullPointerException

        Thanks for your help in advance.

        regards,

Rajesh Anand
Email:Rajesh_anand@xxxxxx

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/