From: Joe Sam Shirah [mailto:jshirah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 1:03 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Initial JDBC Hits to AS/400 DB using Tomcat is Very Slow?

    Although it takes more effort and setup, you can also precompile your
JSPs and avoid the hit.  See

http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/jspc.html

and search on jspc and Jasper along with Tomcat for more information.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400