> From: abhishekhp
>
> Thanks again for the help. As you may have guessed, i am a
> complete beginner with this.
>
> When i download the file and unzip it, JT400ALL.SAVS file is
> created of size 86.8 MB approx. Shouldn't there have been a jar
> file as well in the zip (jar that contains the java classes that
> the client program would use to connect to the server)? Assuming
> that the server component of the Toolbox came bundled with the
> OS, what should i do with the downloaded file if i am to use the
> client on the PC? Where can i get the jar file? Is there a
> separate download for the jar?

That's why I don't use the LPP version, I just use the JTOpen.  The LPP
version is designed to be installed onto an AS/400.  In fact, if you read
the page
(http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/downloads.htm), you
will see the following:

-------------
Download the latest V5R2 (mod5) LPP save file (jt400All.savf.zip):

When unzipped, this file expands into an OS/400 save file containing the
Toolbox licensed program 5722JC1. To use this file:

Download jt400All.savf.zip to your workstation.
Unzip jt400All.savf.zip to jt400All.savf
Create a save file on your iSeries or AS/400 server.
FTP the save file from your workstation to the server.
Use restore licensed program (RSTLICPGM) to install the Toolbox licensed
program.

Note - The national language version contained in the save file is 2924. See
the setup section of the Toolbox Programmer's Guide for more information.
-------------

It is the RSTLICPGM that will create the JAR file from the SAVF.  At this
point, I would suggest that you actually take a look at the Programmer's
Guide.  For a list of good topics for beginners, I would suggest the
following link:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzahh/rzahn
m03.htm

This guide details every aspect of the toolbox.  The section on "Installing
Toolbox for Java" goes into great detail about installing the product on
both the host and the client, and is recommended reading for anyone
unfamiliar with the product.  I suggest you read through that, and if you
have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Joe