5769AS1 is ancient websphere, but you do have 5769AS3 which can be anywhere
from 3.50 to 3.56, standard edition (free on iSeries).  If this level is
the one you want, you should get the latest PTFs (and Apache's DG1) to get
yourself up to v3.56 and get the docs here:

http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/websphere/wsappserver/

Probably a good place to get started, is to walk thru the IIC (install and
initial config).

|         |           Ashish Kulkarni    |
|         |           <kulkarni_ash1312@y|
|         |           ahoo.com>          |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           java400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           01/28/2003 10:29 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Java Programming on|
|         |           and around the     |
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       java400-l@midrange.com
                                  |
  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject:  Beginner question for Websphere
                                  |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,
I am developing an Application which has as400 as
database and most of the prgorams i call are RPGLE
from java, and we where using websphere on NT as
Appserver, Now we want to find if it is possible to
use AS400 for running websphere,( i know we can we
have V5R1)
So i need to know how do i go about it,
When i type command
GO LICPGM
Program   Release     Description
5769AS1   V4R5M0      IBM WebSphere Application Server

5733AS3   V3R5M0      WebSphere Application Server,
Standard Editio

i see that there is websphere *installed on AS400, but
dont know how to start it, how to check the version,
how to admin and deploy
Need some Info about it....

=====
A$HI$H