Mike,

I held off responding because the solution I used is specific to Tomcat

and authenticates to an LDAP server. To do this I created a realm
that authenticates to an LDAP server. One thing to keep in mind is
that a user is only challenged when they try to access a protected
resource. The other thing I did was use a login form, which allows
you to get information about the login and store it with the session.

To configure a realm, you have to specify it at the desired level in
your sever.xml file. You also need to add a reference to this
realm and your login form as a login-config element in any
web.xml file associated with this realm.

If you think this would work for you, I could help you through
the details. I am not sure how this applies to WebSphere, but
it is all based on Servlet 2.3 specifications so there should be
something similar.

David Morris

>>> msilvers@HBS-INC.COM 07/31/02 01:11PM >>>
All,

I need to determine which validation list the user used to sign in
with
using a servlet.  I was looking at the HttpRequest attributes and
methods,
but I can not determine anything there.  Does anyone have any ideas?

What I am trying to accomplish here is to have a common control servlet
work with different levels of authorization.  A customer can only
receive
specific information when they sign in this site where a Customer
Service
Representative can receive more information.  I was going to try and
determine their level of authority by determining which validation list
was
used for their signin.  There are different validation lists for
different
levels of authorization for other reasons and I wanted to use this as
my
determination.

Any ideas??

Thanks!