No need for pathetic fawning I imagine our egos are big enough without it.

I assume you are running some flavor of Windows, what you need to try is
going to the control panel. In there you will find an icon titled "Java
Plug-in 1.4.0" open this up. The fourth tab in this plug in control panel
entitled Proxies I use the checkbox "Use browser settings" found at the
top. Now when you open the page the applet will say Loading class clock. At
this point if you need an id and password to reach the internet through the
proxy a dialog box will pop up asking for your name and password. Supply
this info and the class should load for you.

This dialog box is modal in regards to the browser window that spawned it.
If you lose the dialog box by switching to a different app, minimize all
windows and you should see the dialog box again as it can't be minimized.
Merely switching back to the browser window won't reveal the dialog box.

hope this helps,

Travis