mk,

I recently checked in to the iSeries Toolkit a Class that generates
RPG prototypes for Java calls. You can get the source via
anonymous CVS from SourceForge.  Here is a link to the
toolkit and the Java source files:

http://iseries-toolkit.sourceforge.net/

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/CVSROOT/src/java/org/iseriestoolkit/rpg/Prototype.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/CVSROOT/src/java/org/iseriestoolkit/util/Format.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

This code is not part of the download package so CVS is the
only option. The code works for most classes, probably about
95%, but I haven't taken the time to support some of the more
unusual variable types or extreme names.

I have written RPG Code generators in RPG and RPGIV and
after using Java to do the same thing, I am hooked. It is a
much better tool for the job.

David Morris

>>> m.knezevic@porta.de 01/31/02 02:34AM >>>
On 2002.01.31 10:20 Mihael Knezevic wrote:
> hi,
>
> is it possible to generate a rpg programm and compile it with java?
>
> mk

sorry for my inaccuracy. i want to generate a rpg-programm with java
and
also compile it with java. i know that i could execute a command call
add a member to a source file. but can i add some content to the member
of
the source file (the rpg-source-file)?