Hi all.

I have a problem using the javac command in the QSH environment.  I set the
classpath to include my package directory.  When I try to compile a class, I
receive the following error:

/com/ShipleyPgpEdi/src/newAS400Connection.java:71: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SystemProp
location: class com.ShipleyPgpEdi.newAS400Connection
  SystemProp sp = new SystemProp();
  ^
/com/ShipleyPgpEdi/src/newAS400Connection.java:71: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SystemProp
location: class com.ShipleyPgpEdi.newAS400Connection
  SystemProp sp = new SystemProp();
                      ^

Now, I looked at the class file SystemProp and it does exist in the package
folder.  I then looked at the authorities of the SystemProp class file.  I
changed the authorities to include PUBLIC *RWX and *ALL.  I rechecked the
classpath to make sure it included the package folder (where the SystemProp
class resides).  I even tried to use the javac command with the -classpath
parameter and specified the classpath where this class file is located.  All
of the other imports are able to be resolved.  I did not specifically import
this class because the SystemProp class is in the same package as the class
I am trying to compile.  This is really frustrating.

I made sure of the following:

    1.    The class file SystemProp exists.
    2.    PUBLIC had *RWX and *ALL authority to this class file.
    3.    There are no other authority issues with this class file (ie:
excludes, etc).
    4.    The path for SystemProp exists in the classpath.
    5.    Both .java files specify the same package statement.

What am I missing?

Mike

================================

Mike Silvers