  • Subject: RE: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400SecurityException on V5R1
  • From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:39:28 -0500

They may have changed THAT on V5R1.  For V4R5, the default was JDK1.1.x if
installed.  Which JDK is the default is documented in intricate detail here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/index.htm?info/jav
a/rzaha/multjdk.htm

After some digging, I found the same information for V5R1:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rza
ha/multjdk.htm

And, upon inspection, it is clear that there was indeed a change.  If you
have JDK1.1.8 and JDK1.2 installed, the default JDK is 1.1.8 on V4R5, but
it's 1.2 on V5R1.

Good thing to know.

Joe