  • Subject: Re: WAS 3.5 and OS version....
  • From: "Frances Stewart" <francess@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:09:40 -0600

The PTFs link from the WebSphere Application Server for iSeries 400  web
site contains the most up to date PTF information for the product.

Specifically see
http://www.iseries.ibm.com/products/websphere/services/serviceAE35_V4R5.html

for Advanced Edition
See
http://www.iseries.ibm.com/products/websphere/services/serviceSE35_V4R5.html

for Standard Edition

If you read through the appropriate page you will find that it tells you
the current group PTF to obtain, the minimum cumulative PTF package you
need to have on, and any additional PTFs needed that are not included in
the cumulative PTF package or our group PTF.  Please note that our group
PTF includes the Java group PTF, DB2/400 group PTF and IBM HTTP Server
group PTF, as well as several additional indivdual PTFs for the base
operating system, AS/400 Toolbox for Java, and JDK 1.2.

NOTE: v3.5 requires JDK1.2 (it will not work with JDK 1.1.x). It is best if
you install JDK 1.2 (5769JV1 option 3), prior to installing the
appropriating cumulative PTF package and the WebSphere group PTF.  If you
do not, or if you ever re-install 5769JV1, be sure to re-apply the
cumulative PTF package and re-apply the WebSphere group PTF.

Be sure to read the Migration documentation as well (Take Migration link
from our web site: http://www.iseries.ibm.com/products/websphere/).

Frances Stewart
WebSphere Application Server for iSeries 400
IBM Rochester

"Eyers, Daniel" <daniel.eyers@honeywell.com>@midrange.com on 02/26/2001
09:35:34 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com