  • Subject: RE: System Name for JDBC connection. etc.
  • From: "Bennion, Dick" <Dick_Bennion@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:19:26 -0600

Your DNS Server needs to be aware of the AS/400.
A quick fix is to define the AS/400 in your hosts file.  The hosts file for
NT is located in WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC.  There is a file lmhosts there
as well.  If you approach it this way you will need to change the hosts file
on each machine that you are going to use to access the AS400.

Dick Bennion