*** Call for FAQ contents ***

This is a call for FAQ contents.  I'd like to poll the readership as to
what they would like to see in a Java/400 FAQ.  For example, two issues
that constantly come up are AWT (i.e., the AS/400 doesn't support it) and
CLASSPATH.  We're starting to see a number of WebSphere questions as well,
which I believe fall under the umbrella of Java/400.

Here's a beginning list of issues.  If you have something you'd like to
add, please reply to this message, and don't just send a one- or two-word
phrase; please, take the time to write a sentence or two explaining the
subject matter you'd like covered, or phrase it as a complete question.
The collection process will remain open for two weeks (until June 9th) and
then I'll start organizing the list of questions and begin writing the
answers.  Your input will be invited.

When we're finished, the URL for the FAQ (which will be on www.java400.net)
will be posted in the list on a regular basis.

Joe Pluta
Moderator

*** EXAMPLE FAQ ISSUES ***

How do I get AWT to work on the AS/400?

I keep getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException when I try to run my class
in QSH.  I know I'm in the right directory.  What's wrong?

What is the Toolbox?  Do I need it?

How do I change the CLASSPATH for servlets?