Howdy, everyone. I've been working my butt off to get the second version of my
packages released, and now they're ready for prime time. Well, at least late
night on the Fox network.

PBD 1.1P is the latest public domain release of the com.pbd package. In it are
three packages:

JBUI - provides an easy interface to create application data panels without
using a GUI.

JDB/400 - provides an RPG-like interface to the AS/400 database.

JAO/400 - provides business application classes that can be tailored to fully
functional AS/400 database applications with a few dozen lines of code.

Source, javadoc and examples are included, as well as a free Java file utility
application that allows you to display the contents of any AS/400 file. The
package is available for free download from my website (where else?).

I really think you might want to take a look at this version, folks. While the
JAO/400 package is obviously incomplete, it has LOTS of potential. Just wait
until I add a few more classes. But right now, you can create an application
which shows a couple of fields from a database file as columns in a table and
allows double clicking to a data panel... with about 30 lines of code. That's
it. Done.

Click here to check it out.