I'm a listener.  Don't know the first thing about Java, but was hoping to
pick up some usefull information by following the list.  That hasn't
happened as there is nothing to follow!  Perhaps all the AS/400 Java
developers are using the IBM-sponsored Java news groups.

I'm not supprised the toolbox doesn't offer a method to position to the end
of a file, or read the last record.  As far as I know, traditional DB
access (e.g., RPG + DDS) doesn't offer these functions either.  I'd expect
to position using what is assumed to be the largest possible key value,
then read forward until EOF, just to be sure, followed by read previous to
get the last record.

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com