Hmmm... this could *possibly* be related to the faces-config.xml file having
reference to a Java object that has been refactored to be something else.
Have you done any refactoring of class names around the time that this
occurred?

Not knowing how EGL does its generation (no pun intended ;-) I wonder if you
took the project off of auto-build and then did a manual build if that would
fix it.

HTH,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com