Here are some difference between the three clients. Sametime Proxy Server
is WAS based.
Of course, as aj.mccartan@xxxxxxxxxxx stated, if notes is busy with
something else, the imbedded Sametime will be blocked, but the other two
will not.

Thanks
Best Regards
______________________________________
Shuang Hong, Wang(王双红)
Lotus Products for IBM i
Tel: +86 10 82452360 | E-mail: wangshh@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM, China Systems and Technology Laboratory(CSTL)
Addr: 28,ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian
District Beijing P.R.China 100193
The world itself is a mirror, where you can see what you are looked like!

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|rob@xxxxxxxxx |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|11/03/2011 03:57 AM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|Re: Comparison of Sametime IM clients |

Thanks. That "additional stuff" is what I am looking for. Would be nice
to see a summary - the boss asked.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: aj.mccartan@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Cc: domino400-bounces+aj.mccartan=phoenix.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/02/2011 03:42 PM
Subject: Re: Comparison of Sametime IM clients
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

i usually run the connect client in parallel with my personal log in...
then i can switch ids for development and admin tasks without losing my
IM
connection.

additionallly - there are some features like view sorting your
contacts,
etc. that seem to be only in the connect client

Re: Comparison of Sametime IM clients

Chris Whisonant to: Lotus Domino on the 11/02/2011 11:12
AM
iSeries/AS400

Sent by: domino400-bounces+aj.mccartan=phoenix.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

The main reason I hear people wanting to run the Connect Client instead
of
the embedded Client is that some tasks in Notes can run and will lock
your
Notes Client so that you won't be able to chat as well. As far as
functionality, there isn't much difference. Of course with the embedded
client you get presence awareness for Notes Documents and Views.

Thanks,
Chris
Personal Blog: http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com
Work Blog: http://www.bleedyellow.com/blogs/lotusnut

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a comparison of the various Sametime IM clients? For example
does
> anyone compare these three methods of Instant Messaging:
> - Sametime Connect Client
> - Sametime IM imbedded in the Notes Client
> - Browser based Sametime IM
>
> Would there be any reason why someone running Notes client 8.5.3 want
> use the Sametime Connect Client instead of the one imbedded into the
Notes