I called it a port because the error message called it a port. They were
set up like this:

Domino 10.10.100.1 (our network), 192.168.100.1 (the other network -
active but unused)
Sametime 10.10.100.101 (our network), 192.168.100.2 (the other network -
active but unused)
QuickPlace 10.10.100.102 (our network)

I ran UPDDOMSVR on QuickPlace, made sure it was behaving, then UPDDOMSVR
for Sametime and discovered that it was unreachable from the clients.
Stopping the port [192.168.100.2 (the other network)] resolved the issue.
Then, I ran UPDDOMSVR on Domino, and it had no issues, even though
10.10.100.1 and 192.168.100.1 are both still active.

I'm not doing funky things like having port 1352 be server #1 while port
11352 is server #2 or anything like that. The iSeries' address and the
Domino server's address are the same, however. We haven't seen any
conflicts from that configuration going back to our first native OS/400
Domino server, but this is the first server (going on two years now) that's
hosted multiple servers.

Patrick

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by:
domino400-bounces To
+ptrapp=nex-tech. Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
com@xxxxxxxxxxxx <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

05/29/2007 12:20 Subject
PM Re: Port conflict after upgrading
Sametime to 7.0.2

Please respond to
Lotus Domino on
the iSeries /
AS400
<domino400@midran
ge.com>

Do you have a separate address for each of your domino servers? Is this
address different than your system i's ip address? I strongly recommend
different IP addresses for each and not try to play the different port
game. For example
system i 10.10.1.15
Quickplace 10.10.1.16
sametime 10.10.1.17
otherDomino 10.10.1.18

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/29/2007 01:15 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
Port conflict after upgrading Sametime to 7.0.2

I'm looking at an iSeries running V5R3 that hosts three Domino servers in
single partition: One each for QuickPlace, Sametime, and Domino. Until
this weekend, all three Domino servers were running Domino 6.5.4 and have
now been updated to Domino 7.0.2. I'm really thrilled with how smoothly
the transition was, to be honest, but I have one puzzle.

In February, we configured the second Ethernet card in the iSeries to
attach to a different network than the first card. We wanted the Domino
and Sametime servers to be directly accessible on this second network
without the additional routing that was necessary with our previous
configuration. I set up the Domino and Sametime servers with IP addresses
on the second network and we had it working successfully for a few days
before an issue came up that caused us to put the project on hold. I say
this mostly to illustrate the dual-address servers were both working. Even
after the project was put on hold, I left the second IP address on each
server with the hope that the project would come back to life and we could
finish it out.

However, after this weekend's update to 7.0.2, the Sametime server was
unavailable from any Notes clients. The log was showing a constant stream
of "Error on Listen function: The requested TCP/IP port is in use on this
system." and "Listener task for port TCPIPNTW is suspending for 20 seconds
due to listen errors". Since TCPIPNTW was the port I created for the
second connection and we are not using it, I shut down the port. After
that, everything's running great, but I have two questions:

First, I shut down the port with "stop port tcpipntw" at the console. Is
this a permanent change, or is it going to reset to use that port when the
server is next restarted?

Second and more importantly, why did this port suddenly become a conflict
after the upgrade when there'd been no issue for several months?

Thanks,
Patrick