Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I think I'm following the
instructions at
http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/documentation/readme/smd_30_as400_en_readme.txt
to upgrade from 2.6 to 3 of Trend Micro's Scan Mail for Lotus Domino
Section 5.2
I downloaded the zip file.  I used WinZip to extract the 2479\setup.jar.
Used Windows explorer to copy that from my drive to a share on the
iSeries, /rob/trend/2479.
Then I:
STRQSH
  $
cd /rob/trend/2479
  $
ls
  setup.jar
  $
java -cp /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jt400ntv.jar:./setup.jar run -console"

No longer input inhibited.  Never got prompted for any ancillary screen
like license acceptance, etc.