I don't think the request was for a file attachment in the Notes document,
but a link to a file on the network.  If that's the case, we are doing
that by creating a link in the format of
"file://c:\FolderName\FileName.ext"

It's entered in the same manner that you can set up a web link in the
format "http://www.lotus.com";

Hope that helps,
Patrick

Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/03/2006 09:28 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Creating a link to a network file from a Calendar database?

Yes.  I just tried it.  In the descriptive part of the reminder, click on
the attach file icon or File --> Attach.

Michael Schutte

             plancor@stcharles
             il.gov

             domino400-bounces         domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             +michael_schutte=                                          cc

             bobevans.com@midr
             ange.com                                              Subject

                                       Creating a link to a network file
                                       from a Calendar database?
             05/03/2006 10:10
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Hello group,

I am new to Domino development, so this may be a silly question....

I have a Calendar database.  When entering a new Reminder, we would like
to be able to enter a link to a file path and name (usually a Word doc
that exists on our network).  Therefore, when the Reminder is opened, we
can simply click on the file, and the file will be opened (in it's native
app - Word, Excel, etc, if possible).  Is this do-able?  If so, could
someone point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Penny Lancor
City of St. Charles
St. Charles, IL 60174-1984