I'm doing it programatically here, but that should not make much
difference.

When you hover over it, does the path to the link show up in the status
bar?
You say that you can't click on it -- it's not clickable at all, not even
to return an error?

Have you tried using that text in a link created via Create - Hotspot -
Link Hotspot?  Or only the automatically-created hotspots?

Patrick

plancor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/03/2006 11:07 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Creating a link to a network file from a Calendar database?

That is correct, we do not want to create an attachment - just a link.

I have entered the link as described, and when I call up the reminder it
is underlined in green and the Hotspot menu option is displayed, so I
think it is recognizing it as a Hotspot.  However, I can't click on it.
What am I missing?

Regards,
Penny Lancor
City of St. Charles
St. Charles, IL 60174-1984

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+plancor=stcharlesil.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/03/2006 09:33 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Creating a link to a network file from a Calendar database?

I don't think the request was for a file attachment in the Notes document,

but a link to a file on the network.  If that's the case, we are doing
that by creating a link in the format of
"file://c:\FolderName\FileName.ext"

It's entered in the same manner that you can set up a web link in the
format "http://www.lotus.com";

Hope that helps,
Patrick

Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/03/2006 09:28 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Creating a link to a network file from a Calendar database?

Yes.  I just tried it.  In the descriptive part of the reminder, click on
the attach file icon or File --> Attach.

Michael Schutte

             plancor@stcharles
             il.gov

             domino400-bounces         domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             +michael_schutte=                                          cc

             bobevans.com@midr
             ange.com                                              Subject

                                       Creating a link to a network file
                                       from a Calendar database?
             05/03/2006 10:10
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Hello group,

I am new to Domino development, so this may be a silly question....

I have a Calendar database.  When entering a new Reminder, we would like
to be able to enter a link to a file path and name (usually a Word doc
that exists on our network).  Therefore, when the Reminder is opened, we
can simply click on the file, and the file will be opened (in it's native
app - Word, Excel, etc, if possible).  Is this do-able?  If so, could
someone point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Penny Lancor
City of St. Charles
St. Charles, IL 60174-1984