Only Server and QNNINSTS try to start.

No program document

No fault recovery script

The two DMP commands mentioned do not exist on any of our systems

The new system is not in production yet, so I'm planning on calling IBM
next week -- I'll update this when I have a resolution.

Bob

             Chris Whisonant
             <Chris.Whisonant@
             comporium.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +rlaing=gemko.com                                          cc
             @midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: moving to new iSeries
             09/30/2005 04:17
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Do any tasks other than SERVER and QNNINSTS start?

I can think of two initial possiblities

1 - Do you have a Program Document in your NAB that may be referring to a
file that may not exist on the new box?

2 - Do you have a script specified in the Fault Recovery section on your
server document? Does this script exist on the new box?

Also, do you have the DMPCLLSTK and/or DMPSVRSTKS commands? You can use
these while the jobs are starting up to generate a more detailed dump of
what they are doing and get that information to Lotus.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
09/30/2005 03:58:46 PM:

> We're moving from an 800 to a 520 and did a full save on the 800 and
> restore on the 520.  Updated the resource names and IP settings,
> disconnected the old box from the network and fired up one of our Domino
> servers on the new box.  Server does not start, joblog messages follow.
> Tried firing up our Sametime and Quickplace servers on the new box and
they
> start OK.  Take a look at the joblog messages and let me know if anyone
has
> any ideas
>
> There are two joblogs that appear after trying to start the server, one
for
> the SERVER job, the other for the QNNINSTS job.  The messages below are
> from the SERVER job.  There does't appear to anything meaningful in the
> QNNINSTS joblog.
>
> Both boxes V5R3, same PTF levels.  Domino at 6.5.4 FP1 on both boxes
>
> MCH3402    Escape                  40   09/30/05  15:43:56.562456
LIBNOTES