Do any tasks other than SERVER and QNNINSTS start?

I can think of two initial possiblities

1 - Do you have a Program Document in your NAB that may be referring to a
file that may not exist on the new box?

2 - Do you have a script specified in the Fault Recovery section on your
server document? Does this script exist on the new box?

Also, do you have the DMPCLLSTK and/or DMPSVRSTKS commands? You can use
these while the jobs are starting up to generate a more detailed dump of
what they are doing and get that information to Lotus.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
09/30/2005 03:58:46 PM:

> We're moving from an 800 to a 520 and did a full save on the 800 and
> restore on the 520.  Updated the resource names and IP settings,
> disconnected the old box from the network and fired up one of our Domino
> servers on the new box.  Server does not start, joblog messages follow.
> Tried firing up our Sametime and Quickplace servers on the new box and
they
> start OK.  Take a look at the joblog messages and let me know if anyone
has
> any ideas
>
> There are two joblogs that appear after trying to start the server, one
for
> the SERVER job, the other for the QNNINSTS job.  The messages below are
> from the SERVER job.  There does't appear to anything meaningful in the
> QNNINSTS joblog.
>
> Both boxes V5R3, same PTF levels.  Domino at 6.5.4 FP1 on both boxes
>
> MCH3402    Escape                  40   09/30/05  15:43:56.562456
LIBNOTES