Good idea, however I think they want to be able to look at it via Notes
also.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/23/2004 02:42 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Rule to forward mail works sporadically

We started out using the mail rule & found it to not work all the time
either, so now we just put the email address in the forwarding address in
the person document.

Works all the time & does not leave mail sitting on our server, maybe a
requirement for your situation??.....

Steve Jones

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To

             @midrange.com             domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc

             09/23/2004 03:09                                       Fax to

             PM
                                                                   Subject

                                       Rule to forward mail works
             Please respond to         sporadically
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

We have a user who's external account is something like
jackjillsmith@xxxxxxxxx
Whenever they receive a Notes mail they want to forward it on to their
outside account.  Therefore they have set up a rule

When:
 To contains Jill Smith
send full copy to jackjillsmith@xxxxxxxxx

Sometimes it works and you'll see in the log.nsf, mail part:
09/21/2004 10:20:08   Router: Message 00543466 auto forwarded by Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL@OAKFARMSCHOOL to jackjillsmith@xxxxxxxxx
09/21/2004 10:20:08   Router: Message 00543466 delivered to Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL

Sometimes it scrambles the email and you'll see:
09/23/2004 06:51:52   Router: Message 004121DA auto forwarded by Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL@OAKFARMSCHOOL to jackjllsmith@xxxxxxxxx
                     notice the missing i?
09/23/2004 06:51:52   Router: Message 004121DA delivered to Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL
09/23/2004 06:57:03   Router: No messages transferred to YAHOO.COM (host
mx3.mail.YAHOO.COM) via SMTP: Network operation did not complete in a
reasonable amount of time; please retry
09/23/2004 07:02:16   Router: No messages transferred to YAHOO.COM (host
mx1.mail.YAHOO.COM) via SMTP: Network operation did not complete in a
reasonable amount of time; please retry
09/23/2004 07:02:16   Router: Transferring mail to domain YAHOO.COM (host
mx2.mail.YAHOO.COM [67.28.113.10]) via SMTP
09/23/2004 07:02:28   Router: No messages transferred to YAHOO.COM (host
mx2.mail.YAHOO.COM) via SMTP
09/23/2004 07:02:33   Router: Error transferring message 00412C6D via SMTP
mx2.mail.YAHOO.COM,mx3.mail.YAHOO.COM,mx1.mail.YAHOO.COM;mx4.mail.YAHOO.COM

 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account
(jackjllsmith@xxxxxxxxx) [0] - mta133.mail.re2.yahoo.com

Sometimes it drops the email address entirely:
09/23/2004 10:27:52   Router: Message 0054E6B4 auto forwarded by Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL@OAKFARMSCHOOL to
09/23/2004 10:27:52   Router: Message 0054E6B4 delivered to Jill
Smith/OAKFARMSCHOOL
09/23/2004 10:27:53   Router: Message 0054F31D contains no recipients

It's at least trying so it's not like the When condition is not being met.

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108