Thanks a million Rob.  That is what I thought but I had some techy tell me
something else....or maybe I was being brain dead. :-)

rob@dekko.com on 11/01/2001 01:43:52 PM

Please respond to domino400@midrange.com

To:   domino400@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Gail L Crane/Johanson/JMC)

Subject:  Re: R4.6 vs R5 question

No, a R4.6 client cannot read a R5 mailbox.
Yes, an R5 client can read a R4.6 mailbox.

Don't confuse upgrading your servers with upgrading your mailboxes.  You
can upgrade your server and later, as each client gets upgraded, do an
File, Database, Replace Design.

Just to muddy the waters though.  If you upgrade your servers I had some
confusion as to whether or not you can replicate to a R4.6 client a file
which has the R5 On Disk Structure or ODS.  Hey list, help me help her.
Confirm or deny that the ODS version for R5 is 41.  If it is, I have a R4.6
client sitting next to me in which I'll replicate a database down and see
if it hurls.  I got a pretty good hunch that she has the same 3rd party
database.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    gcrane@johansonmfg
                    .com                     To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    domino400-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com               Subject:     R4.6 vs R5 question

                    11/01/2001 12:40
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400