All:
?
Hello! My name is Robert Lancaster.
?
I worked for more than thirty years (1976-2008) as a programmer/analyst?on various?IBM Midrange platforms (Sys/32, Sys/34, Sys/38, AS/400), both as an independent consultant and an employee.
?
Then, in August of 2008, I suffered a MASSIVE stroke in the upper/right/rear area of my brain. I was in a coma-like condition for 6-8 weeks, and in various hospitals, physical rehab centers and nursing homes for eleven months before being discharged back home.
?
Although the stroke made me a "left-side hemiplegic" (having little control over the muscles in the left half of my body), and I now live my life in a motorized wheelchair, my brain's cognitive skills (memory, logic & reason) are still very high.
?
Unfortunately, once I started looking for work, I found that the market for my skillset had apparently evaporated.
?
I lived?(and worked) most of my life in the Los Angeles area, but now live in Salem, Oregon.
?
If anyone has any thoughts on the market, and/or suggestions on how I can get back into programming after more than five years "on the bench", I would greatly appreciate it.
?
Thanks in advance,
?
Robert S. Lancaster (rslancastr@xxxxxxx)