Thank you for the explaination.  I guess I am to picky...  Flex time
is my hot spot...  I prefer consultanting, generally short time
projects, although the last several have been lengthy, rather than
going to the same four walls and office politics day in and day out;
to stay close to home with my family and raise my kids; to actually
pay my bills and save a little, rather than spending it on motels and
travel; to build a life and have a moral community for my kids to
raise their kids someday.

I have roots in my area, northern Indiana, and I really do not wish
to pack up and move.   We, my wife, five kids and I, try to work hard
and enjoy productive work. Weather it is on the family farm with the
horse and other livestock or pounding keys.  Granted computers have
helped me make a living, but I do not worship the machine.  And I do
not want to make you mad at me, Mr. Albright, I may need your
assistant someday, but as far as many jobs...  Most do not pay enough
for me to cover my expenses.  Within the last year, I have had jobs,
contract, or projects offered to me in both Detroit and Memphis.  The
top pay was $13 dollars an hour ( NO LIE ).   I can make that at
WALMART as a greeter without deadlines or pressure and would be home
EVERY night.

There are over 200 midrange folks in Fort Wayne that are or will be
looking, not to mention the people from the Ford plants.

>...they aren't simply hiring the first
>person who say "OK, I'll do it......."

The statement must be finished...  Ok, I'll do it... for next to
nothing...   or I'll do it for less than half...

>...rather they are expecting certain
>backgrounds.

Often the background is only on PAPER.  Much of the off shore help is
highly educated with padded resumes and NO real experience, common
sense, or bussiness enthics or practice.

As far as education...   I am sure you know the statment...  Those
that can, do; those that cannot, teach.

I guess in short, I disagree that jobs are bounitful.  ah... maybe
there are... if I work at a loss and away from home.

I feel lucky to be raised a red neck, country boy.  I will stay in
the computer consulanting as long as I can, BUT...  when it all boils
down, I can fall back on the family bussiness...  My horses and/or My
father's meat house...

my 2 cents....

Again Thank YOU and I hope you keep my resume at hand, in case
something, that I am qualifed for and it qualifies within my
criteria, comes across your desk.

Eurrat