  • Subject: RE: Inserting Specs of a different type after a given type.
  • From: batthish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:34:30 -0400

Hi Folks,

Ok we hear you loud and clear! :-)

We are already working on improving the prompting, both for CL AND for RPG.
Unfortunately I have no ETA for you at this moment.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
WDT/400 Support :
http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/update_downloads.html

                    Chris Proctor

                    <cproctor@gartspor       To:     "'CODE400-L@midrange.com'"
<CODE400-L@midrange.com>
                    ts.com>                  cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: Inserting Specs
of a different type after a given type.
                    owner-code400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/20/2001 12:50

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Wow, Dwight! Don't sugar coat your words, come right out and let us know
how you feel! ha ha. I've been working S/38 and AS/400 since 1980 and I do
agree with you regarding the lack of prompting capabilities in the sequence
number.  I must admit, I was kinda' surprised to see that IBM didn't
include it. It is a pain to go thru the windows for prompting, but I just
end up typing the letter F,I,D,C,O, etc. in order to format the line
properly.  That is, unless it's one of the "special" formats, then I go
thru the windows.  Hey, IBM, can you guys add the SEU prompting (IPC, etc.)
to code/400?

However, Dwight, I still think that Code/400 is an improvement over SEU,
because of the validity checking as your coding and the instant help (when
needed). If you don't like it right now, don't use it.  I'm sure that as
time goes on IBM will get more and more functionality that will make our
jobs easier, then you can come back to it.

I sure wish they'd do something with the lame CLP prompting though! ha ha.
Did you hear that, IBM? ha ha.

Chris Proctor
Manager of Systems Intergration
Gart Sports