Subject: Windows 2000
Author:  CODE400-L@midrange.com at INTERNET
Date:    5/16/01 10:29 AM

Is anyone having trouble running Code/400 with Windows 2000?  Recently
acquired a new pc with Windows 2000.  Everything I have read so far about
Windows 2000 states how stable it is.  I seem to be locking up frequently
and cannot even ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.  I continually have to
hit the reset button which takes my system completely down.

On several instances, I have been in Code/400 Designer and the system has
locked.  After I reset my machine and then try to open my dds file again,
the AS/400 thinks the file is in use and will not let me in until an IPL.
Even with a "WRKOBJLCK," nothing shows a lock on this file.

When I was running Windows NT, I definitely did not have these kind of
problems that the "stable" WINDOWS 2000 seems to be giving me.  I have been
searching the internet for suggestions, but cannot come up with any solution
to my problem.  Other users in the office also seem to be experiencing this
"lockup" problem, but they do not run CODE/400.  Several have noticed that
they were in MS-WORD when it happens to them.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Diane
+---