Joe,

Well, I think ILE/RPG has some pretty neat stuff that COBOL
does rather poorly.  Too bad the best features of both
languages couldn't be merged together :)

Even though Cobol is "wordy", when written properly, even
a "layman" (non-programmer) can read it and make some sense
of the logic.  I believe this was one of the original
specifications in the early design of the language.

Terry

                      <snipped for  bandwidth>