From: cobol400-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:cobol400-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Kelly Cookson
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 5:35 AM
To: cobol400-l@midrange.com
Subject: reading source code

Hi.

I would like to try my hand at developing some
programs to analyze COBOL-400 source code. We store
the source code for each COBOL program as a member in
a source physical file.

What would be the best way for me to access the source
code for analysis?  Is there any way to READ a member
in a source physical file?  Is there any way to save a
member as a data physical file (e.g., a flat file with
one line of source code being one record)?

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Kelly Cookson