5799PTL (iSeries Tools for Developers) and gnu.savf.zip from
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/porting/iseries/overview/gnu_utilities.html
both provide GNU make 3.77. Is there a way to get a more modern version
of make? A feature of make that I want to use wasn't added at the time
of 3.77's release (sometime in 1998?).

Thanks for any information.

This thread ...