From: c400-l-bounces+stephen.osborn=misys.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:c400-l-bounces+stephen.osborn=misys.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: 01 November 2006 17:35
To: C programming iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: [C400-L] Calling an RPG procedure with optional
parameters from C code

RPG (by default) passes parameters by reference.  C (by
default) passes
parameters by value.   To pass a parameter by reference from
C, you put a
pointer on the prototype, and you pass the address of a
variable to that pointer.

RPG's *OMIT is equivalent to passing a NULL pointer.

So, from C, you simply pass NULL instead of a variable.  For example:

prototype:

void procname(char *param1, char *param2, char *param3, char *param4);

code:

    char val1[50], val2[50], val3[30], val4[50];

// set the "val" variables to useful values here

    procname( val1, NULL, val3, val4);

    - or -

    procname( NULL, val2, val3, val4);

etc, etc.