Glen Marchesani wrote:

> Hello,
> I am looking for a C/MI api that lets me call a program
> (library and program name are variable) with a variable set
> of parameters.

I don't know of any way to do this except by coding N+1 calls where N is
the maximum number of parameters.  A bit icky to set up but once you
have it set up, you're done.  You don't have to do something extra for
each new number-of-parms-sensitive program that comes up.  (With your
current method of wrappering APIs, you might have to have more than one
wrapper per API, or at least more than one call per API.)

Handling the variable library and program name is easy in RPG - RPG
supports a variable for both CALL and for the EXTPGM keyword of
prototypes.  In C and I think in MI, you have to call rslvsp for to get
the library and program pointers (there's also some special handling
required for QTEMP).