Hi,

yes, I'm aware of that. I've got C programs like that.
But this C++ program does not generate any screen output or asks for user
input.

The C equivalent of
      string test="Test";
is
      char test[] ="Test";

No prints or user input whatsoever..

                      "Jevgeni
                      Astanovski"              To:       <c400-l@midrange.com>
                      <J.Astanovski@sam        cc:
                      popank.ee>               Subject:  RE: [C400-L] Press
ENTER to end terminal session.
                      Sent by:
                      c400-l-admin@midr
                      ange.com

                      03/12/2002 18:28
                      Please respond to
                      c400-l

Whenever C programm generate output to screen (printf in plain C), you get
"Output screen" and that strange text "Press ENTER to end terminal
session".
I think, that this also appears, if you use things like getch or scanf -
whatever requiring user input from keyboard.
I work on 4.3/4.5 with plain C, so I do not understand what means
string test="TEST".....