I meant that I'm only sort of familiar... NOT intimately familiar.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Bryce Martin <BMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/06/2011 08:22 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] 405CD HPO HPH

Are the PO lines tied to shop orders? Has the material been received into

inventory? I'm slightly familiar with this whole process, but intimately.

Is there a record of them in some archive or history? Is this purchasing

history needed? It could be that they are valid lines. I don't know what

this will do to costing and things like that if purchasing records just
aren't there for inventory that is still in the system.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Al" <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/06/2011 03:10 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'BPCS ERP System'" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] 405CD HPO HPH

I have found suspected file corruption & want to confirm my understanding
before deleting what is not wanted.

One problem found are records in HPO for order #s, for which there is no
corresponding HPH summary record.

HPO is supposed to contain detail lines of PO or Requisitions, and a
unique
line #, which ties into count of line #s in HPH, so if we were to delete
HPO
lines, we would need to revise corresponding HPH count of lines. There's
not supposed to be anything else in HPO than PO lines and Requisition
lines.

HPH is supposed to have one header summary record per valid PO or
Requisition. So there would be no harm to BPCS by removing any HPO records
which do not have a corresponding HPH header for the same PO?

If we manually removed HPO records, outside of BPCS programs, there would
be
no need to run any reorganization programs to get other files totals in
sync
with remaining HPH HPO records? The normal MRP, end fiscal, would
straighten everything out?

-Al Mac-

- Allowing one's computer to be unprotected, while connected to the
internet, can be compared to owning a handgun and putting it out on your
doorstep every night, in case a passing robber might be in need of one.
Unfortunately millions of people are doing exactly that, while thousands
of
them do so through networks of companies and government agencies that they
manage.