I suggest you create query/400 or small program to list all instances of
open customer orders which are in violation of "the rules." Because when the
order gets shipped, it uses "the rules" in the order, not the latest company
official "rules." Include AR TERMS, pricing, bill-to addresses.

The gotcha is that any time you change "the rules", that only applies to new
stuff entered in the future, it does not apply to open orders, existing
customers. After changing "the rules", you could be shipping tons of stuff
which goes out under the "old rules."

Also, it is not smart to do any mass fix of stuff from "old rules" to
corrected rules, because customer service personnel may have approved some
exceptions with some customers, with the documentation of that outside of
BPCS nor shared with co-workers.

We usually use Post Ship Billing to fix invoice OOPS. We are 405 CD, so the
program names, options, path may be a bit different for 6.1.

Post Ship Billing supports credit memo, reversing some oops invoice, then
debit memo, replacing the invoice with corrected story. The process
involves a "dummy" customer order, where the person has access to all the
features of a "real" customer order, but needs to know combination of
command function keys, and weird screen options, to implement this, such as:
* Which pricing system to use
* What ship-to address is relevant
* Tracking codes for General Ledger
* Explanatory comments

While the options are same as with customer orders, the screen naming is a
bit different, because it is Invoice corrections with order maintenance
embedded. People who customarily manage customer orders are well qualified
to guide the Invoice correcting person in how to get this done. But they
need to be aware of the extra responsibilities for Invoice correction, which
go beyond order maintenance. This education is important because BPCS has a
lot of "default options" which get used, if the person does not know about
the over-ride options.

We use Item Classes and Order Types to manage what's going on.
This is a correction to Receivables, no Inventory involved.
We have product classifications, going into different General Ledger totals.

This approach makes auditors and accounting managers happy, because there is
clear audit trail of the original OOPS detail, getting backed out,
corrected. However, making customers happy is more important to us than
making auditors happy, so we have a number of short-cuts sometimes done, for
that purpose.

BPCS Invoice Reprint in 405 CD just reprints the original invoice, does not
change anything, and does not work when any of the original ingredients have
been archived.

When you add or update prices in Special Pricing and List Pricing, there are
many gotchas.

You may need to clean up conflicting stories (date range effectivity) so
only one story is now official, but accessing what's in there requires that
you know the special pricing codes used . so we have queries/400 listing
what's in there, various ways, to help streamline this support.

Updated Special Pricing only applies to new customer order lines, which have
not yet been keyed in. It does not retroactively change any customer orders
which are already in your system, anything not yet shipped, anything
invoiced. Human beings have to figure out what it retroactively applies to,
and take appropriate action.

It is best to have a formal policy, so there is no confusion with customers
who might claim ignorance that there is a new price replacing the one on
order acknowledgement.

We also have a problem with customers out-sourcing their accounting to
nations which do not understand discount pricing or AR terms, so we get a
lot of brain dead payments which have to be re-negotiated.