Bryce,

Is that the Sharepoint-based product?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+wallyc=bergquistcompany.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+wallyc=bergquistcompany.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bryce Martin
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 12:47 PM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] LX Advantages

Jenny,
One thing we are looking at is the Workflow and Event Management
software.
The Workflow would be great for your engineers as it would only have
them
filling in the data that they need to. Then accounting can handle item
class and such for their duties. Depending on your organization size it

could run you $100,000, but once you see the demo you'll realize that
you
could easily get ROI in a very short period of time.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Jenny Carr <jgcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+bmartin=c-sgroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/07/2010 01:35 PM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] LX Advantages

Despite being in an IT role, my background is manufacturing. Hopefully
my
perspective isn't too biased.

1) Multi-level shop order release - this feature will save our
organization
more than 7 hours per day as we would manually put on shop orders and
release them to put them out as a group instead of mass MRP release.
2) Increased field lengths helps - especially on planner code where it
will
facilitate grouping of orders, etc. to more granular levels.
3) DRP - we operate multiple facilities and companies which have shared
parts, so this will reduce transactions.
4) Default warehouse/location in IIM - this will reduce all the errors
associated with order entry in wrong warehouse.
5) No longer have to do allocations except on resupply orders.
6) Improved functionality in purchasing/sales to handle quotes and
contracts.
7) Although we won't see some of this till after implementation, the new
configurable acctg should allow better slicing and dicing of financial
statements with a GUI reporting tool. 3-way match updates costing.
8) IDF - we still haven't fine-tuned the security, but it is a really
cool
GUI reporting tool that has built-in views that can be customized with
drill-down capability, changing views, etc.
9) EDI
10) PLC codes - We will implement in January, but it provides better
means
of phasing engineering items into and out of production.
11) 5-6 user defined fields in IIM, RCM and Vendor Master (AVM?)
12) Supposedly, moving forward, you can upgrade module at a time instead

of
everything.
13) More filters on picking and other operations. Sales inquiry was a
bit
more cumbersome, but IDF we think will help. Webtop may help once we
get
into that.
14) More exit points to work with other programs - haven't done this
yet,
but we want to.
13) Biggest reason for us - no support on our heavily modified version
with
lots of mods. We looked at other software, but the
training/implementation
costs increase drastically when you have to change everything you know.
Overall, everybody seems pleased - manufacturing, sales, purchasing,
accounting. Engineering doesn't like all the additional pages on the
item
master, but we think there are some ways around that longer term. And
there
are other things they do like.

Jenny Carr
VP - Information Technology