This is exactly what I'm looking for... Thx Jenny!!
Office: 440-329-0487; Cell: 440-670-3331
Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.
A DONCASTERS Group Limited Company
Behalf Of Jenny Carr
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:35 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] LX Advantages
Despite being in an IT role, my background is manufacturing. Hopefully
perspective isn't too biased.
1) Multi-level shop order release - this feature will save our
more than 7 hours per day as we would manually put on shop orders and
release them to put them out as a group instead of mass MRP release.
2) Increased field lengths helps - especially on planner code where it
facilitate grouping of orders, etc. to more granular levels.
3) DRP - we operate multiple facilities and companies which have shared
parts, so this will reduce transactions.
4) Default warehouse/location in IIM - this will reduce all the errors
associated with order entry in wrong warehouse.
5) No longer have to do allocations except on resupply orders.
6) Improved functionality in purchasing/sales to handle quotes and
7) Although we won't see some of this till after implementation, the new
configurable acctg should allow better slicing and dicing of financial
statements with a GUI reporting tool. 3-way match updates costing.
8) IDF - we still haven't fine-tuned the security, but it is a really
GUI reporting tool that has built-in views that can be customized with
drill-down capability, changing views, etc.
10) PLC codes - We will implement in January, but it provides better
of phasing engineering items into and out of production.
11) 5-6 user defined fields in IIM, RCM and Vendor Master (AVM?)
12) Supposedly, moving forward, you can upgrade module at a time instead
13) More filters on picking and other operations. Sales inquiry was a
more cumbersome, but IDF we think will help. Webtop may help once we
14) More exit points to work with other programs - haven't done this
but we want to.
13) Biggest reason for us - no support on our heavily modified version
lots of mods. We looked at other software, but the
costs increase drastically when you have to change everything you know.
Overall, everybody seems pleased - manufacturing, sales, purchasing,
accounting. Engineering doesn't like all the additional pages on the
master, but we think there are some ways around that longer term. And
are other things they do like.
VP - Information Technology
The Durham Company
P.O. Box 908
Lebanon, MO 65536
THE DURHAM COMPANY E-MAIL DISCLAIMER
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.