Mike:

You are correct that the Warehouse Non-Nettable only applies to Onhand
Inventory. For MRP planning, if you had demand for the Item and you did not
want MRP to create any Planned Orders for this Item, then you could
certainly consider setting the Order Policy Code for the Item to Blank which
means that MRP will skip it. The demand would appear, but no Planned Order
would be created.

However, it sounds like in this situation, your intention is to exclude the
Supply side (i.e. the P.O. On Order) for this sample from MRP visibility.
One possible approach is to enter the P.O. into a Warehouse/Facility that is
not your normal MRP Facility. That is, you can still use the BPCS P.O., but
the Warehouse/Facility would be unique. In this way, you could still keep
track of the P.O., but your normal MRP would not see the expected receipt.
Procedurally, you would have to determine what would occur once the Item is
actually received. Do you transfer it to the normal Warehouse so that it
can be consumed? Or, when the sample arrives, do you change the P.O. Line
to the normal Warehouse/Facility first so that if can be received as a
normal Item?

The decision on how to address this need rests on the scope of the business
functions that will be required relative to this Item. Please let me know
if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Les Mittman

BPCS Consultant with over 20 years experience

847-858-5235