I am not sure what you mean.

We are now on 405 CD.
In recent months I have changed a lot of input to GL from inventory transactions with respect to how much detail, to serve a GL Journal Dump modification used mainly by auditors and outside owners

Except for the dump program, all changes have been within the system ,,

We have new specialized inventory transactions
We have expanded the reason codes

They go to GL with different degrees of detail using different journals

The GL dump is a modification of GLD230 with additional data columns added (customer / vendor name) & output structured so Microsoft Excel friendly (minus sign in front of digits, no page breaks with extra column headers, too wide to print)

When we were on S/36 BPCS, I made a modification of labor reporting to backflush a scrap Q transaction. Today JIT600 exists & takes care of that.

Our warehouse shipping personnel are kept hopping with volume such that data entry error much more likely than with traditional heads down clerical personnel, so ideally one might want a bar coded application that collects whatever data needed by multiple applications & let the software sort out what to do with the data.

Afternoon.

Does anyone on this list have experience with automating the BPCS Transfer
or Allocation "transactions"? If so please contact me off list to discuss
your experience and its applicability to a current challenge.

Roy Luce

Systems Plus - Midwest

Direct: 847-540-9635

800-913-PLUS (7587)