Dear Larenzo,

There are many factors that come to play when needing to purchase additional
licenses, whether via an audit or in preparation for company growth factors.

The first is the country, and therefore region you belong to - various
regional discount come into play in this regard. Make sure you have checked
with your Infor / SSA account manager that he is in fact applying the
correct regional discount, and find out what that is.

The second would be the modules you are licensed for - fewer modules, lower
cost, and visa versa. Also, find out whether the modules you have fall into
one of the BPCS pack categories. When purchasing a pack, a better price is
used. It may well be worth your while to up the number of modules you
currently have so that you can fit into one of the three pack groupings, as
this will be more cost effective in the long run.

Unfortunately, when you are audited and found to be under licensed, you are
pretty much in breech of contract. This means you have less 'purchasing
power' than if you had taken the initiative to purchase as you needed.
Certainly if you feel there may be a need to purchase more than that
stipulated, this will give you some room to negotiate if possible.

Depending on the openness of your account manager, and the type of
relationship you have built up with him, he may be willing to work through
the pricing calculations he uses with you. I do not believe he is under
obligation to do this, however it would be worth you while to sit with him
and see if there are any options available that may make this exercise less
painful, and perhaps add some value to your company at the same time.

With regards the audit, take a good look at the reports you will have
received, and see if there is any way you can control the use of licenses
more efficiently in future.

Good luck.

Kathy.