I second the reccommendation, to not reorganize BOM while people might be using it, and pick a time to run it when you have more time than you consider reasonable.

The first time you run it, I suggest you run SYS120 first. I have found that by running this reorg in front of any heavy duty 900 task, such as end fiscal steps, it can dramatically reduce their run time. For example, INV900 might take 7 hours if SYS120 has not been run for a couple of weeks, 3 hours otherwise. By running SYS120 first, the run time for end fiscal is half a day faster. Basically any heavy duty batch program like cost rollup or shop order purge, if you can do SYS120 first, assuming you can get a dedicated time frame, you can see dramatic results in execution time, thanks to the BPCS software not having to wade through tons of disorganized and deleted records to get what it needs.

There is also an MRP reorganization MRP990 which I run every weekend at end of a series of other reorganizations, such as some that recalculate on-hand and allocations, when no one else on the system.

During our implementation, I had very few disputes with the pilot team. One of them was in the area of security. Management tried to compromise adjudicate. Consequently a large number of our users are able to run what I consider to be very dangerous jobs. We had one engineering person one morning ask "what does this do?" and he ran it to find out. What he, and his co-workers found out is that no one could access anything related to the engineering files for the rest of that work day, then that weekend, after everyone off the system, I ran it again, because I suspected the run may have got corrupted due to other users doing related work that day. This gave me an opportunity to reinforce some BPCS education ... if the ### after the BPCS application prefix is in the 900 series or the 000 series, I advise you to treat that program like it is a lit stick of dynamite. Handle with extreme care, or better still, do not handle at all.

Depending on your BPCS version, it might be BOM905 rather than BOM900 that does the actual repairs.

You are fortunate that you can get everything planned in only two gos.
We need more than two gos, and there are some items that NEVER get planned.

NOTE: DO NOT RUN BOM900 DURING NORMAL DAILY PROCESSING. RUN DURING
DEDICATED TIME.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jszarlik" <jszarlik@xxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] MRP not generating req. in one go

Hi,
BOM900 - the program that recalculates and resets the low level codes.
in ver 4.02

Jarek

--------- Orygina³ wiadomo¶ci --------
Od: Daniel Warthold <daniel.warthold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> One possible explanation is that the low level codes are corrupted.
There
is