On this list it is sometimes helpful to identify what version of BPCS you are on, since what is doable varies by version. For example, I am on version 405 CD mixed mode 400 V5R1.

If you are only interested in one item in one facility as of end of fiscal month, then look it up in INV300 summary screen, before any new transactions for the month, set the facility filter, and then print the screen ... that is your report.

if you find out a few days after new month transactions entered that you need to know what the on-hand was as of end month, then INV300 F21 and adjust the filters to reconstruct that.

If you look on the INV menus, there are already a mountain of reports that come with BPCS. I suggest you run one of each, then print a few pages, not the whole thing. You may find that the report you need already exists.

We have constructed reports that we run at the time of end fiscal month that have this data computed for every combination of facility item type class warehouse, on-hand, cost extended, so if a question comes up at our site, we just look at the report that was generated during the relevant end fiscal.

The Opening Balance is what the on-hand was the end of the fiscal month, so if what you want is the closing balance for last month, just use opening balance that is there now, and ignore issues receipts adjustments..

If I misunderstood your question, and what you are interested in is the on-hand right now, here's the formula:

   ON_HAND = opening bal + receipts - issues + adj
   ON_HAND - allocations = available inventory

You may need to include NON NETTABLE in your math.
For example, we have a warehouse for problem items that QC has to deal with, and until they are resolved, the MRP is not allowed to assume they can be consumed in production.

The issues in IIM ILI IWI ILN are the grand total of the ITH issues (not just transaction type I ... check out the rules in file ITE) for the current fiscal month, since the Opening Balance was recomputed. Similarly receipts and adjustments. For example, most of our issues are via transaction type CI (components issued to factory orders thanks to labor reporting causing backflushing of multiple issues what was needed to manufacture what we reported we made) also some RJ (what was consumed in the process of reported scrap)

But for your site you need to
* See what rules are setup in ITE file (transaction effects)
* get counts of which of those are being used in ITH (there may be rules in ITE that you are not using)

There are transactions that go into ITH that have no effect on inventory on-hand, such as those that change $ values.

Every time there is a transaction in BPCS that the ITE rules say needs to affect either Opening Balance (e.g. a transaction back dated into prior month after the month got closed), Issues, receipts, or adjustments, then BPCS adds detail record to ITH, and updates the running totals in IIM IWI ILI ILN whatever's relevant to your implementation.

So if what you want is the grand total as of the end of a fiscal month, you have no need to go into the individual detail ITH transactions. The answer is right there in the Opening Balance.

Now you had said you only want the total for a particular facility, not the complete corporate total.

The IWI file may be simpler to work with than the ILI file.
ILI is combination item-warehouse-location
IWI is combination item-warehouse inventory detail in which you need to link to IWM to get the facility for that warehouse, for the purpose of only including the data on the facility you want.

If for some reason, not stated in your question, you do need to link ILI and ITH then it is inaccurate to link only on item. You also need to link on warehouse and location. If you are netting ITH activity, you probably need to do some date range that agrees with your fiscal month, as spelled out in the General Ledger, which can be a pain to access for a number of reasons ... the way the calendar is structured, and for security reasons some people are locked out of General Ledger.

Any program or query that accesses ITH file needs to be run on JOBQ not interactive, because ITH is probably one of your largest files ... ours has 2 million records. Depending on how the software accesses that file, interactive access can be extremely disruptive to overall 400 performance.

Hi all, I am new to this mailing list. I have a query in my mind. I need to take a report about the closing balance of the Items belonging to particular Facility. I checked with ILI file for the particular item and can fetch the opening balance , reciepts, issues and adjusments. Here in the issues I need to cosolidate the total on the basis of transaction type ( I type) , and adjustments (A type) and issues tp Production(J transaction) How can I achieve this? If I link ILI and ITH (based on Item) It is giving large number of datas and I am not able to locate the Particular transaction. Can any one help me out in this? Thanks Muthu India