It's nothing related to BPCS.  In the middle of the upgrade our CD-ROM
died.  Our regular CE was on vacation and the backup CE was on another
call.  We drove to our parent company's location (about 45 minutes away)
and pulled two spares from some old 620's that they had sitting around.  We
put the first in and it worked for about 10 minutes and the it died.  The
second spare worked fine for the rest of the upgrade.

Post-upgrade there was an issue with a program that used CPYTOIMPF.  I knew
ahead of time that people had experienced problems with it on V5R3 with it
so we had a temporary work-around for it ready.  Through it all BPCS worked
just fine.  (Version 4.0.2).

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      Tom Jedrzejewicz <tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx>

                      Sent by:                                        To:
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      bpcs-l-bounces+daparnin=niscoseals.com@m        cc:

                      idrange.com                                     Subject:
Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS V4 on V5R3

                      10/24/2005 12:05 PM

                      Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP

                      System"

On 10/21/05, daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are at 4.0.2 and went to V5R3 last month with no problems
> (BPCS-related,
> that is). Our parent company has upgraded numerous 4.05CD BPCS systems to
> V5R3 and had no issues. YMMV.

Glad to hear that BPCs went ok. Can you elaborate on the other problems
that
you had?

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz