I am just grasping at straws here, what might be clues of relevance.

We have different prices for customers based on facility, each of which uses a different shipping warehouse. Reason for different prices has to do with either we manufacture in house for them with very short lead times and certain quality standards, or they accept VERY LONG lead times, in which we get the stuff using cheapest sources, and pass savings onto the customer. Our version of BPCS does not permit us to differentiate this in the pricing rules, unless we use different customer #s or item#s in the different facilities. However, your version may be more flexible than ours.

The way we track our General Ledger, we need to have all lines in a BPCS order to be in sync with the header profit center. Unfortunately BPCS allows for mix and match, and we sometimes not find out an order in violation of our General Ledger rules until after the lines in question have been partially shipped.

We quote a customer based on some minimum order quantity, which some of them violate.

One of my pricing issues is that to maintain ESP file, a person has to know the start date, and other info, which usually is not at anyone's finger tips, so what usually happens is a NEW story gets entered without closing the OLD story, so we end up having a bunch of different stories on the same item customer combinations, each with a different start date. I do not know if BPCS grabs the first that it finds in the file, the most recent start date, or random unpredictable.

Your designated century cut-off date in BPCS is 12/31/2043
Our designated century cut-off-date in BPCS and AS/400 is 12/31/2039
This can be changed.

This reply is for Al Mac,

The Promotion that should have applied to the added line has an expiration
date of 12/31/2043( which is the BPCS designated century cut off date),
far out into the future than the order date, request date and schedule
date, This promotion does not have a minimum quantity requirement.  As I
said in my posting , the  promotion in question applied to the previous
lines correctly. Of course the request dates and the schedule dates of
these lines vary based on the entry date but they still fall within the
expiration date of the promotion. The added line  was to be shipped from a
different warehouse than the previous lines which all has the same
shipping warehouse.    Can the change in warehouse cause this?  What
relevance does it have?

Thank You,

Suresh

Al Mac <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+skumaran=esab.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/03/2005 09:57 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Pricing  of an Order in BPCS

We are 405 CD and also have pricing issues, which I may address after
replying to this.  We have ORD but not PRO.

Lines can be added to a blanket order, after some of the lines have been
shipped or partial shipped, so long as the previous lines are not shipped
to completion.  For this reason we have some dummy order lines of quantity

1 due Dec 2039 (the current end of our Y2K floating window) and more
recent
dates (some data entry people do not understand "Y2K floating window"
concept) so that in case some blanket order gets shipped to completion,
the
customer can add more stuff to the same order #.

The issue is not whether or not this can be done, but whether the default
price, on any given order line, is what you want.

As I understand it, and would love for anyone to correct me, at time of
entering a customer order line, BPCS applies a default price, which can be

altered by the clerk who is doing the order entry.

The default price depends on match to pricing key (item customer) method
and type of pricing (quantity date) at time of entry of the order line.
PRO
adds a lot more flexibility of choices.

 From time to time we might adjust pricing rules, and list price.  BPCS
does not automatically say "Hey, you got open orders using the old
pricing,
you wanna do something about that?"

The determination whether or not the special pricing applies or not, is on

a line by line basis, not the entire order, or any other orders.  There is

also an expiration date on the special pricing, so that if the due date of

the first shipment for that line is after effectivity date of special
pricing, then it does not apply.  There may be a minimum quantity, which
applies to each order line at date of first entry of the line, and is for
the total of that line, irrespective of any other ordering of that same
item by that same customer #, or that same customer on some other account
#, or any total of other items ordered.

If that order line does not qualify for special pricing, then list price
is
the default default. At time of entry of the customer order line, or at a
later time, our customer service personnel have the option of changing
most
stuff on the line ... quantity, due date, price, facility, warehouse to
ship from ... except after partial shipment it can be a major hassle to
make changes.

>Hi  All,
>
>We are facing pricing issues in order entry.  We are on  BPCS version
6.02
>with Cum PTF mixed mode.
>
>Our problem is as follows:
>
>The order has 5 lines and all  part numbers are same, as this is a
blanket
>order.  We have special deals under promotions for the customer and part
>number combination. These deals are not bracket promotions. These are
>discount price promotion with  item number and region combination. The
>system applied correct pricing  on the first 4 lines using the correct
>promotion and applied the list price for the last line.  The only
>difference is that the last line  was added after there were partial
>shipments on the previous 4 lines.  Does it mean lines cannot be added to
>an existing order once it starts shipping?
>
>Appreciate help from the forum.
>
>Thank You,
>
>Suresh
>

>  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
>they are addressed.
>If you have received this email in error please notify the
>originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
>email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
>sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
>states them to be the views of ESAB Welding & Cutting.
>
>--
>at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

-
Al Macintyre  http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac