We are 405 CD and also have pricing issues, which I may address after replying to this. We have ORD but not PRO.

Lines can be added to a blanket order, after some of the lines have been shipped or partial shipped, so long as the previous lines are not shipped to completion. For this reason we have some dummy order lines of quantity 1 due Dec 2039 (the current end of our Y2K floating window) and more recent dates (some data entry people do not understand "Y2K floating window" concept) so that in case some blanket order gets shipped to completion, the customer can add more stuff to the same order #.

The issue is not whether or not this can be done, but whether the default price, on any given order line, is what you want.

As I understand it, and would love for anyone to correct me, at time of entering a customer order line, BPCS applies a default price, which can be altered by the clerk who is doing the order entry.

The default price depends on match to pricing key (item customer) method and type of pricing (quantity date) at time of entry of the order line. PRO adds a lot more flexibility of choices.

From time to time we might adjust pricing rules, and list price. BPCS does not automatically say "Hey, you got open orders using the old pricing, you wanna do something about that?"

The determination whether or not the special pricing applies or not, is on a line by line basis, not the entire order, or any other orders. There is also an expiration date on the special pricing, so that if the due date of the first shipment for that line is after effectivity date of special pricing, then it does not apply. There may be a minimum quantity, which applies to each order line at date of first entry of the line, and is for the total of that line, irrespective of any other ordering of that same item by that same customer #, or that same customer on some other account #, or any total of other items ordered.

If that order line does not qualify for special pricing, then list price is the default default. At time of entry of the customer order line, or at a later time, our customer service personnel have the option of changing most stuff on the line ... quantity, due date, price, facility, warehouse to ship from ... except after partial shipment it can be a major hassle to make changes.

Hi  All,

We are facing pricing issues in order entry.  We are on  BPCS version 6.02
with Cum PTF mixed mode.

Our problem is as follows:

The order has 5 lines and all  part numbers are same, as this is a blanket
order.  We have special deals under promotions for the customer and part
number combination. These deals are not bracket promotions. These are
discount price promotion with  item number and region combination. The
system applied correct pricing  on the first 4 lines using the correct
promotion and applied the list price for the last line.  The only
difference is that the last line  was added after there were partial
shipments on the previous 4 lines.  Does it mean lines cannot be added  to
an existing order once it starts shipping?

Appreciate help from the forum.

Thank You,

Suresh

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
states them to be the views of ESAB Welding & Cutting.