  From: Steve Segerstrom
  To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: Russell Koenig ; Gerard Tilton
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:38 PM
  Subject: Month end jobs - CEA and Inventory close

  We are bpcs 6.02 heavily modified.
  I am toying with the idea of running CEA concurrently with the month end
inventory jobs. By cea I mean that we are running batch posting (CLDI501 BTP
posting) for cost of goods sold, daily postings. It takes about 2.5 hours to
get through all of the posting jobs at which time I run my inventory close and
then all of the inventory reports. Takes another 6+ hours.
  So - I am going to copy the files I need for the inventory reports - they are
all read only and go ahead and bring up bpcs. I could come up another 2 hours
earlier if I could run my inventory close and then bring up bpcs while cea runs
in the background. I am having a tough time believing that posting transactions
to the GL would have an impact on ITH ILI IWI files and that they would pick up
additional activity after bpcs is brought up. Am I being stupid, playing with
fire, or onto something?

  Steve
  Intermatic Inc
  (815) 675-7469