Hello,

Sorry I have not posted in awhile - I have been trying to send posts for
some time but they were not working. I got a new PC and the configuration
for the BPCS-L was messed up for a bit. Hope it is sorted out now.

The system date/job date issue is completely release dependent in BPCS, and
for most releases this behavior is already fixed by a BMR or is in the base
product.  (BMR was released at the end of 2001 for 6.1 BPCS).

After the fix, the system date is always used rather than the job date in
BPCS whenever a date is retrieved by a program.

There is also an *LDA position which can be set so that job date is used (if
someone wants to post into the past, for example or run testing on future
dates). If the *LDA has been set to use the job date, a message prints in
the joblog whenever a date is retrieved to inform the user that job date is
being used, rather than system date.

Note this fix is part of base V8.0 and higher BPCS releases. For release
6.1.00 there is BMR 60060 (I believe this is included in the 6.1.02 cume)
and for 6004 there is BMR 63529 (which is also an open BMR for 6002 that
someone could request/escalate).

Also note that on Unix, the system date was always being retrieved in BPCS
as the date retrieval program was hand-written for that platform, and was
not an AS/SET program. So for any flavor of Unix this should retrieve the
current system date (providing the BPCS program does a call to the BPCS date
retrieval program each time it is populating dates).

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA Global R&D